Jokes for Conferences – Part 1
Keep Your Technology, Finance and Medical Events Focused with These Jokes
When it comes to events, it can be challenging to keep the audience’s attention focused on the speaker. That’s where jokes come in handy!
A well-timed humorous statement or even a cheesy dad joke can help break up the monotony and keep everyone engaged. Whether everyone laughs or not, it signals to everyone that it’s not all serious and they can lighten up.
Our latest two-part blog series is here to help you out. We list some of the best jokes for conferences or any kind of event your industry might be hosting. Today we focus on humour for the technology, finance and medical industry and what kind of events they could be told at.
At Focus Rooms we have exponential experience in both hosting these events and the success of including humour in the various presentations. Here are some of our favourite jokes:
- I don’t trust people who use graph paper. They’re always plotting something.
- Why did the programmer go broke? He used up all his cache!
- Yesterday I decided to change my WiFi name to “Hack me if you can”. When I woke up this morning I saw the name changed to “Challenge accepted”, I am so relieved that I am in a room full of people that might be able to help me.
- I tried to explain to a client why I couldn’t help him with a project that was written in a program code that I didn’t know. “Let’s say you’re asking me to write something in a specific language. Now, I’m fluent in English and Spanish, but your project is in Chinese. Since I don’t understand Chinese, I’m not your best option. You need someone fluent in this specific language. See?” He said he did and thanked me. The next morning, I got a call from another developer asking, “Why is your client asking us if we’re fluent in Chinese?”
- Whoever said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results has obviously never had to reboot a computer.
- Why are iPhone chargers not called Apple Juice?!
Interested in knowing more about what kinds of events we have hosted for the technology industry? Read about a one-week-long pop-up conference that we hosted for a world-renowned web services company and virtual tour pop-up event for an innovative tech company here.
The finance industry hosts many different kinds of events. This includes roadshows, conferences , training sessions, seminars, networking functions, awards ceremonies and exhibitions. Here are some great jokes that can work in all of these environments:
- Did you hear about the accountant who’s afraid of negative numbers? He will stop at nothing to avoid them!
- Thank you for attending today. It’s nice to be in a room where everyone counts.
- Q: Why did the investment banker break up with his girlfriend?
A: There wasn’t enough interest.
The medical industry is known for its dynamic event culture, with a wide range of opportunities for professionals to learn, network, and collaborate. This industry hosts a wide variety of events that range from anything like educational conferences, expos or trade shows, to seminars, workshops and training sessions.
At Focus Rooms we have hosted many of these mentioned events. This includes but is not limited to many pharmaceutical conferences and the Fertility Exhibition that ran for two concurrent years.
That’s why we know these jokes are sure to be a hit:
- Statistically, 9 out of 10 injections are in vein.
- A truck loaded with Vapour Rub turned over on the highway yesterday. Amazingly, there was no congestion for over eight hours.
Appropriate Jokes for Conferences of All Kinds
We are sure you can agree that the right joke can break the tension, help everyone relax, and keep the focus on the speaker.
That’s why we suggest slipping any of these jokes for conferences into your presentation for the technology, finance or medical fields to keep up the focus and good vibes.
Be sure to keep an eye out for part 2 of this blog series so you can get some more material to create some chuckles at your next event.